Thursday 3 March 2011

Just another day in my life

IMG_8449-1

See those needles. How long do you think those ones are in my butt?

Now double that and you won’t be anywhere near their length.

I mean check this video out. ( its not me, but it gives you a rough idea)

Teejay kept saying I was a drama queen when I let out involuntary screams as he twiddled some of them. It was like electricity shooting down my leg. My feet seemed to have a mind of their own.

I had gone today for deep tissue manipulation.. Well Teejay added some Hivamat electrostatic therapy and then out came the needles. I had dry needling last July at an osteopaths. But today I could really feel them. Hopefully they were doing something good, as my previous dry needling sessions didn’t help me at all. I was tired out afterwards and had a little snooze when I got home.

The rest of the week was all about treatments as well. Monday I had traction in hospital.

IMG_8428pse-1 

Tuesday was a relaxing day at the spa at Hanbury Manor with my friend Linda.

IMG_8432-1

I had found some £20 vouchers that included a back massage.We thoroughly enjoyed our treatments and spent an entire day not doing much at all. Bliss.

Wednesday was another day with a physio

IMG_8443

 

 

I am stopping my appointments here. They are a total waste of time. They kill me to get there and then I just go home with another sheet of exercises I can’t do.

 

 

 

I have decided to have surgery and hopefully I will be able to have it over Easter. But first I want a second opinion from another consultant. Teejay summed up my present consultant exactly today. He said he sounds like a prat. And that was the word I have been searching for. I just don’t trust him and I have a gut feeling about him and prat was the perfect word.

3 comments:

Michelle S said...

WOW!!! Poor you! I know I whinged about my bad back but after half killing myself seeing a chiroprator for 5 days in a row, it seemed to cry off for a lil while!
I promise never to moan {too much!} again, after seeing ur pics! I hope surgery helps ... Good luck x I'll b thinking of u!

Dawn said...

Karen whatever you decide to do I really wish you some pain free time soon - I'm sure you won't believe me but getting a second opinion has been on the tip of my tongue for quite sometime but didn't want to sound like I might think I knew better. xxxx

Scrappi Sandi said...

Ouch! You are braver than me where needles are concerned...one look at those & i'd have run a mile!! I do hope you get to see someone for a second opinion very soon...now you've made the decision to go for surgery it needs to be done asap! Easter would be great & then you'd be all done before summer! Missed you last night...just Ann & I again!! Nina sends her love & hopes to see you again soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails