Thursday 15 July 2010

Over the road

When I am trying to explain our place in Spain to people,they are always confused when I say the beach is just outside the apartment and that the Med beach is just over the road.They look at me as if I am mad.

But our apartment is on the Mar Menor a salty sea lagoon separated from the Mediterranean sea by La Manga, a sandbar 22km in length and which has a variable width from just 100 to 1200m.The water is like a warm bath .The clear water does not exceed 7m in depth, it is "the largest swimming pool in the world" according to the opinions of the famous swimmer and Hollywood actress Esther Williams.It is perfect for young children as there is no current or waves and you can walk out with it never going above your knees.It is also regarded as having health benefits due to its high salinity.It certainly helped me.

Maybe these photos I took from the plane will explain it better

1 comment:

super-mum-donna said...

This looks like a wonderful place, do you rent it out to people?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails